Wednesday, April 3, 2013

J O B H U N T

i started the day walking up the biggest hill i ever have in my life to get to an area i hadn't been yet to drop off resumes. unfortunately, unbeknownst to me, it was a slightly upper scale area and i was even told flat out at one place their bosses wouldn't hire me with my facial piercings (which i'd rather find out early in the game anyway than go through the interview process only to be let down in the end). it sucks but that's the way it is and i'm getting used to it. it's a lot better than MI as even my hair would be a major issue there and that hasn't seemed to come up in any of the places i've applied.

i also came across this amazing taxidermy type store while i was out. i walked in because they had a help wanted sign but immediately knew i wouldn't be able to work there as they sell fur products and i'm pretty against that (there were also petrified insects, like spiders as big as my head so that was another drawback for me). but they were also selling lots of items i'm dying to include in my jewelry like bones and skulls, BUT i just can't work with those kinds of materials without knowing if they were humanely obtained and the animal died of natural causes. i'm leaning towards creating that kind of stuff out of clay but i guess it's nice to know there's an actual supplier in town if i ever change my mind.

so more on topic i doubt any of the places i dropped my resume at will be contacting me :p and the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment